6/17/09

Web 3.0 in the Fertile Crescent, part 2

I came across this rather relevant article while blogging on politics.

Video Blogging Jordan Turns Citizens Into Journalists

It does kind of strike me as odd that the web as a tool for social and political commentary is woefully underrated and not taken seriously in the US. Here, bloggers are derided with scorn, while elsewhere in the world -- in the Middle East, Asia and Africa -- people are using the tools we consider to be toys and diversions to actually make their lives better and bring about real change.

Kind of makes me feel like history is really starting the pass the US by.

1 comment:

  1. Right on, I think that is one of the biggest issues for me. There is a lot we could learn about how citizens can become empowered by social media rather than just entertained by it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive